Aim of the Learning Module / Learning Outcome
Course general objectives: ... is to learn about processes, methods and the application of tools to be able to continuously analyze and improve the work (sphere of influence) and make product/processes more efficient and lean as well as considering cost relevant factors.
In addition to that the students should be able to learn how to utilize the material / processes / organization in a cost effective way, how to efficiently utilize working time and how to identify potential savings.
- Definition of quality success factors in a company and the relationship among them.
- Description of major elements of Total Quality Management, the alignment with the quality objective and causal relationships.
- Description and application of state of the art quality concept. “Continuous Improvement Process” and “Lean Concept”.
- Description and application of a selected set of tools, supporting the continuous improvement process and lean management concepts.
- Definition and application of 2 types of cost models, classification of cost factors and linkage to the working areas in day to day business.
Competences to be achieved when enrolling this course: The major competences which have to be achieved are the abilities to apply the concepts of „Continuous Improvement Process (CIP/KAIZEN)” and „Lean Management”. Therefore a sound knowledge of success factors of quality, Total Quality Management and tools which support those concepts is of fundamental importance. Cost drivers are going to be detected and defined which are caused by wastage and inefficiencies.
Start: March 2nd, 2015 (CW 10)
End: April 4th, 2015 (CW 14)
Duration: 5 weeks, 14 teaching units (tu)
Tutoring hours: 3 x 30 min. online (Question&Answers; e-Mail; Conference Call)
10.03.2015; 06:00 p.m. CET
26.03.2015; 06:00 p.m. CET
02.04.2015; 06:00 p.m. CET